Australian Privacy Principle 5
(APP 5) Personal Information Collection Notice For Positive Real Estate Website Visitors.
This page details Positive Real Estate Pty Ltd (Positive Real Estate) approach to personal information collected via this website.
In accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 5 (APP 5), this page will notify you of:
- the APP entity’s identity and contact details
- the fact and circumstances of collection of personal information
- the purposes of collection
- the consequences if personal information is not collected
- the use and disclosure of personal information
- security of personal information
- how to amend and access your personal information
- enquiries and complaints.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
The primary purpose of Positive Real Estate collecting and holding personal information include:
- Providing information about events, products and services we offer that may be relevant to you.
- Managing and administering the products and services we offer;
- Responding to media enquiries and engaging in public relations activity.
- Responding to other enquiries about Positive Real Estate’s functions or activities.
- Receiving and responding to freedom of information applications and enquiries.
- Undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis.
- Managing Positive Real Estate’s recruitment process.
- Learning more about how to provide you with the information you need and otherwise improving its processes and services.
We may use your personal information to market our services, including by phone, email or SMS. If at any stage you no longer wish to receive this marketing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org your full name, postcode, mobile number and the communication mediums you wish to unsubscribe from. We will endeavour to process your request within 21 days.
How We Collect Personal Information
The personal information is collected when you:
- submit a completed event registration form
- submit an enquiry form about a product or service we offer
- apply for a job
- contact us regarding a media or public relations opportunity
- contact us regarding a business relationship opportunity
- register for our email notification service or otherwise ask to be placed on a mailing list.
When you connect to a Positive Real Estate website, we log the following information, provided by your browser, for statistical purposes:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- The date, time and length of your visit
- the address of the referring website (i.e. the website that directed you to our website) and
- your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number which may be unique to the device through which you are connected to the Internet: usually provided by your ISP).
- the webpages you accessed on the Positive Real Estate site and the documents you downloaded
- the search terms and phrases that you used to reach the Positive Real Estate website as well as those used to search within our website.
Consequences If Personal Information Is Not Collected
If the personal information were not collected then Positive Real Estate would not be able to provide the logistical information, communication or other service requested. In particular, without relevant contact details (and in some cases additional information) it cannot:
- Deliver updates and logistical information for the events you have registered for.
- Deliver up to date content on property investing and related issues to your email Inbox via our email service.
- Manage enquiries regarding properties you may wish to purchase.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Assess the suitability of job applicants for employment with Positive Real Estate.
Use And Disclosure Of Personal Information
We use your personal information to perform our services, respond to your requests and provide you with information about the Company.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist us to provide the products and services you request (e.g. a specified broker or accountant). With your verbal or written consent, we may use or disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- those that provide, manage or administer our product or service to you;
- those involved in product planning and development;
- your representatives, including your broker, accountant and legal advisers; and/or
- those required or authorised by law, for example, government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue.
We require third parties to protect your information in a manner consistent with this policy and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will never sell your personal information.
Positive Real Estate operates in both Australia and New Zealand. As a result, your personal information is likely to be used in other States, Territories and overseas. Where your personal information is provided to overseas entities, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information remains secure and is used in a manner consistent with this policy and our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We will hold your personal information for such time as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We will take reasonable commercial measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your information may be kept in electronic form or hard copy.
We implement a number of processes to ensure your personal information is safeguarded. Our processes include the following:
- information storage security policies;
- security measures for systems access;
- providing discreet meeting areas for confidential discussions;
- accessed control for our Customer Relationship Management systems; and
- secure web forms when collecting sensitive information.
We take reasonable care to ensure any personal information you provide us via our website is protected. For example, if we require your sensitive information our websites have electronic security systems in place which include data encryption. Depending on your involvement with our Company and the type of information collected, user identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information.
Access To Your Personal Information
To request access to your personal information, please email Positive Real Estate. In certain circumstances we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone or in person. Otherwise we will endeavour to process your request within 21 days. In some circumstances we may refuse to give you access. We will explain why if that is the case (e.g. it may unreasonably affect the privacy of others).
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and store is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Should you wish to access your personal information to ensure it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading, and if not, to correct it, please email Positive Real Estate.
If you believe we have breached an Australian Privacy Principle or registered Australian Privacy Principle code and would like to make a complaint, you can do so in writing by emailing or writing to Positive Real Estate. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days.
You may direct any subsequent complaints to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) athttp://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
How To Contact Us
We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting Positive Real Estate.
Positive Real Estate Pty Ltd
Level 9, 504 Pacific Highway
Phone: (02) 8014 6100